Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Summer is in the air




Happy Hump Day! I celebrated Australia Day yesterday with my second family by having lunch down at The Rocks, the historical section of the harbour. Australia Day is a true celebration for them, marking their move from South Africa. For me? It's a day I remember how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful, safe place, and to have so many wonderful friends of so many backgrounds to share their cultures and traditions with me. I've always joked my friends are a United Nations salad.  I won't lie, I do love this sunburned country, and especially my gorgeous city of Sydney, yet I recognize this day to some is Invasion Day. It is hard to remember sometimes that slaughter was part of our history. 

After lunch I headed home to my bushy suburb and sat in the shade near the river and listened to the speed boats going by. It was a peaceful way to wrap up the afternoon. 

Wearing...
The Vintage Drawer 50s dress, Wittner shoes, Hermes Birkin bag, Miu Miu sunglasses, Deer Arrow brooch, Daisy Jean Florals hair flower 

4 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

Love this dress, you have a special talent for acquiring the loveliest vintage pieces! It was well over 10 years ago (I forget how long exactly now) on Australia Day that I got my Australian citizenship. We are incredibly lucky to live here - even if we do tend to complain about the hellish heat half of the year :P

~ Deco Darling ~

Porcelina said...

Utterly pretty. Looking very serene - wishing you inner calm to weather life's storms xx

Lavender and Twill said...

Love the fabulous folded detail on the bodice of your dress ~ I'm fond of blue roses myself and I think this frock is so lovely on you! ❤

xox,
bonita of Lavender & Twill

Unknown said...

Such a great dress that is. floral print are really very nice.

Guipure Lace Fabrics, Nigerian Lace Fabric, French Lace Fabric

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...