Monday, May 2, 2016

Miss Fisher exhibition

















So, I've mentioned before that I absolutely love Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and I was so excited when Bonita from Lavender & Twill suggested we go together to see the costume exhibition when she was in Sydney. Season three of the show was full of amazing pieces, and I loved seeing the pieces - so many of them I had swooned over on screen! That mermaid costume! The evening dresses! And that amazing red, white and black set in the final picture that would've been so risqué in 1920s Melbourne, I adore it.

One of the best things about seeing Bonita was planning our outfits together. We went for a purple and black theme, and I was pleased to pull out one of my favourite 40s dresses from the wardrobe. I love the floral detailing on the pockets and neckline! Bonus, the venue was just perfect for photos!

The exhibition is on in Sydney at Old Government House at Parramatta with ticketing information here. It is also coming to Brisbane, so check it out if you can!

Wearing....
1940s wiggle dress, 1940s velvet hat, 1940s velvet cuffed jacket, Jean Jean Vintage 1940s necklace, Holliepoint 1940s bag, Melissa flats

2 comments:

Tanith said...

Fun! I'll be going to the exhibition in the next week or two. Looking much less fancy, I must say. You gals look stunning, and I love that you coordinated. You must have blown them away!

Porcelina said...

I saw Bonita's post, finally getting around to yours!! I am a big Miss F fan too, I wish I could see this exhibition. You both dressed up so nicely for it xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...