Monday, September 19, 2016

Over my knee


This outfit is one of those left of centre looks for me. Sometimes I like to shake things up - and it's because of things like these insane over the knee Sophia Webster boots. They so aren't what a vintage girl SHOULD own, but I do and I love them. I'll also mention they're insanely comfortable. So, I purposely keep a few cute mini skirts (which is basically any above the knee skirt in my books) to wear with them and accept that sometimes I will have anomalies in my wardrobe.

This skirt almost went in the cull in fact, but I lost a little weight lately and it fits again, so I am thrilled to be wearing it, especially with my cute burgundy cardigan. This cardigan gave me a headache at first. I bought it thinking it would be very easy to wear, then I got it and it didn't seem to go with the outfits I planned to wear it with as it wasn't just the right shade of burgundy. But once I actually sat down and thought logically about it I found plenty it goes with, but for a few months I had it in my head it was hard to wear, and that was quite ridiculous!

I am glad though to be seeing the end of the cold weather, spring is practically here, even if it does mean putting these boots away again for a few months. It's been a strange winter too, I didn't wear some things as much as I would've liked, simply because I wasn't trekking into the office every day. So, I will try to squeeze one or two more wears out of my heaviest winter pieces before I put them away, then get really excited for ALL of the open toed shoes EVERYDAY.

I've already painted my toenails a delicious shade of blue in anticipation...

Wearing...
Doll Me Up cropped cardigan, Anthropologie skirt, Sophia Webster boots, Vintage 40s necklace thrifted, Jennifer Behr leather headband.

3 comments:

ModernVintageStyle said...

What gorgeous boots - and a fabulous skirt to wear with them too. Although it's a different look for you, this outfit really works. I want to get my hands on some boots like yours, and it's good to know that these are comfortable - that's always been the issue for me. Kx

Porcelina said...

I really like seeing bloggers wearing something completely different - for them - from time to time. You're very creative anyway in your looks, and style your hair/makeup etc. differently depending on what you're wearing, so I find it interesting anyway to stop by your blog. But today, this is particularly striking! Those boots are rather splendid. Love that hair band too, quite unusual.
x

Cinderella K said...

This is a fun place with a two-faced appeal. The top floor of LA venues is for all that sass and oomph. It was super packed, but we just wanted to check it out. Loved the solid selection of quality craft beers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...